App logs me out when I lose WiFi

I thought at first that this was caused by my Doorbell3 being on the router network and the ChimpPro connecting to the WiFi extender network. Changing the doorbell to the ChimePro network did stop me being logged out of the app whenever I was a few yards from the house.

However I find that whenever I go out and lose WiFi connection then the app logs me out and I have to log in again when I have WiFi. As I can lose WiFi connection over 10 times in a day if I am on a day out this is very irritating, and means that I cannot answer the door if someone comes. So far I have not been able to find a way to stop the app logging me out automatically when the phone drops WiFi. Is there anything I can do to keep logged in as it is annoying me intensely. I do not want to keep logging in to new WiFi networks many times a day, and then logging into the app as well.

Hey @viv1. The app should keep you logged in and should not log you out whenever you lose your wifi connection. Do you have backup cellular service? This should also help keep the connection to your app, but it should not log you out unless you are clearing your client devices from your Control Center or logging out manually. I recommend following up with our support team on this concern, so please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Thanks Chelsea_Ring for the swift response. I have no idea what backup celllular service is so probably no. I will try the support team and see if they can figure out what is going wrong.

1 Like