Android App 3.29.0 Live View forces Landscape mode

This is something extremely annoying. Phone is in the charger, you need to pick it up. You’re in a meeting and want a sneaky preview. Forget it. You need to turn the phone.

I hope this can be fixed.

Hey @jutuz. The Ring app will automatically put your Live View into landscape mode when answering a notification for motion or a ding. You can view the Live View from the portrait mode in your Event History Timeline view, but your notifications for motion and dings will automatically bring you to the Live View. You would need to exit out of the Live View and open up the Timeline view from your dashboard to see it this way.

Thx @Chelsea_Ring

Well. I double checked. And double checked again. It doesn’t.

Opening from notification or from the app without notification does not make any difference. In both live-view and in event history timeline the video goes to full screen landscape mode. I took some screen recordings, but I can’t show them, because when entering the full screen mode the recording stops. Which kind of proves my point.

I’m on a Redmi Note 8 Pro.
My wife is on a Motorola G8. She doesn’t have this issue though.

Hi @jutuz! Other than removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, it looks like you’ve tried just about everything. As another mobile device in the home is running Android and not having this concern, this is a good indicator that there may be something different with your specific device. I recommend looking into any accessibility options, as well as for any 3rd party apps that might conflict with the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

There is an update out today to 3.29.1. Maybe that might fix the issue for you.

1 Like