Amazon Sidewalk Opt-out not working?

I went to this page to disable Sidewalk on my flood light cameras: Opting In and Out of Sidewalk – Ring Help

I still cannot for the life of me figure out how to opt out. I open my ring up, go into the menu, go to control center, go to Amazon Sidewalk, and all it shows is information on Sidewalk and what devices are compatible. It’s not giving me a slider option to opt in or out. Any idea if this is even live yet??? And yes, my app is up to date!

That needs to be done in the Alexa app.
Go here for details.

Wow Eagle thank you so much. It seemed odd to me to download an Alexa app as I don’t have any Alexa enabled device. I had ring longer before it was acquired by Amazon. It still worked for me. Now I’ll delete the Alexa app as I have no use for it.

Ring Mods, please tell them to add that option to the ring app like your own instructions say! You’re leaving people in the dark but unfortunately many are dependent on your services. Shame on you!

1 Like

Yes, it should state that in the Ring app. Hopefully they will add it so people can find it or add it to the app itself. Glad I could help :smiley:.

I don’t use Alexa. How can I disable sidewalk if all I use are Ring devices?

I found a information where they say you need latest software update, but that still does not work. Everything else points to having to add the Alexa app which is in convienent unacceptable to a lot of people.

Hey neighbors! I’m here to help clear up some confusion that there may be around the Sidewalk feature and it’s opt-out option and viewing this in app. Sidewalk is only enabled for existing customers with eligible Sidewalk-enabled Ring devices, known as Sidewalk Bridges. You can see which Ring devices are Sidewalk-compatible here. Before Sidewalk became available, we began notifying existing customers with eligible Sidewalk Bridge devices so they could consider the benefits of Sidewalk and decide whether they want to change their preferences. Customers setting up a Sidewalk Bridge for the first time will see their Sidewalk settings during device setup, and can change those settings at any time.

Please note: You must have a Sidewalk-enabled Ring device to use Sidewalk. You can learn more in our Help Center article here. If you do not have a compatible device, Sidewalk is not available to you.

It’s odd that my Android Ring Video Doorbell app shows Amazon Sidewalk in the options but no disable slider. My doorbell may not be Sidewalk compatible but having this on my smartphone app is confusing. In other words, I’m not 100% certain whether or not my doorbell is enabled or disabled for Sidewalk.