Amazon/Ring shaking my family down for money

Our video doorbell pro has ceased functioning two times in just over a year of ownership. Amazon now refusing to replace despite multiple issues and previous replacement.

We also had a vehicle stolen and the camera conveniently didn’t trigger at the exact moment the culprit approached our home.

The call centre’s “resolution” was a 35% discount on a new doorbell. We’ve asked for a way to contact the ombudsperson to file a complaint and their “only option” for us was to post on this message forum.

At this point we feel like we’re being shaken down for our hard earned money. If we can’t resolve we’ll rid ourselves of everything Amazon and switch Google.

Looking for corporate to connect with us to hopefully resolve.

Sincerely,
Dissatisfied

@Caitlyn_Ring still awaiting a response.

Hi @Dissatisfied. Happy to chime in for Caitlyn. You’ve reached the Ring Community, a public neighbor to neighbor forum. While there are neighbors and Community team members here to offer guidance and suggestions, our support team does not monitor this platform.

For any account specific or support related requests, it is best to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Tom_Ring we did. And support instructed us to post here. We need help with this and you are sending us around in circles.

Hey @Dissatisfied. Chiming in for Tom here, as the Community Manager of this forum. I apologize that Tom recommended you to go to support when you’ve already contacted them, and I also apologize that they recommended you to come here in a means to get in contact our corporate office.

The Ring Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, and not a direct line to support, nor the corporate office. We help facilitate these neighbor-to-neighbor interactions by chiming in with additional support when needed, as well as giving general knowledge and updates about Ring-specific things. In your situation, the best recommendation I have for you in order to get in contact with corporate would be to contact j@ring.com. This is Jaime’s direct email, and they can handle your concerns appropriately and in one instance so that you do not have to continue this run around. I hope this helps point you in the right direction, and that you reach a conclusion for this.

I have no idea who Jaime is. It would be preferable if this person would contact us directly without us having to jump through yet another hoop.

This whole debacle a case study in what not to do for customer service…

He is the CEO of Ring.

1 Like