Amazon Email different than Ring Email

I am trying to connect my Amazon account to my Ring account, but I have different email addresses. Has anyone been able to override the forced use of the Ring account email address to make this connection?

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue. No one at RING seems to be able to address it. I’ve had my Amazon account for nearly 20 years and do not want to lose my records by changing the email address. Ring needs to get on this.

@mml1 wrote:

I am trying to connect my Amazon account to my Ring account, but I have different email addresses. Has anyone been able to override the forced use of the Ring account email address to make this connection?

Thanks!

Hey neighbors! After checking with the appropriate teams, I was able to confirm that you should be able to link your Amazon account to your Ring account, even if the email address for your Ring account is different than the one for your Amazon account. You can learn more about how to link the accounts in our Help Center Article here. If you have any issues linking the account, let me know where in the app you get stuck at in this process and I can help further! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not true. When one tries to link their Amazon account to their Ring account, the password box is already populated with their Ring account password. It cannot be overridden. So if one’s Amazon password differs from their Ring password they cannot be linked as of this email. Seems like a simple fix by anyone with programming skills.

One of many software bugs owned by ring.

Ray Johnson

1 Like

I have a same issue. Anyone have linked their Amazon account with different email addresses from Ring account?

1 Like

I ended up changing my email address on the ring app to make it match my amazon address.
It’s really inconvenient but it worked

Hey, neighbors!

After checking with the appropriate teams, I am able to confirm that you should now be able to link your Amazon account to your Ring account, even if the email address for your Ring account is different than the one for your Amazon account.

Unlock your mobile device and follow these instructions below:

1. Open the Ring app on your mobile device.
  2. Tap the three-lined menu icon (≡) on the top-left of your app screen.
  3. Tap “Account Settings.”
  4. Tap “Link your Amazon account.”
  5. Tap “Agree” and “Continue.”
  6. Before we link, please verify your account by entering the password for your Ring account. Tap Link Accounts to proceed.
  7. Next, you will see an Amazon welcome screen. Log in with your existing Amazon account credentials, or create a new one.
  8. Then tap Sign In.

Please note, if you have the auto-fill feature enabled on your browser (PC) or in the device settings (Smartphones & Tablets), you might need to disable the auto-fill feature temporarily in order to complete the linking process.

You can learn more about how to link the accounts in our Help Center article here

If you have any issues linking the accounts, let me know where in the app you get stuck in this process and I can help further!

3 Likes

Have you actually tried this? You keep providing this answer but it does not work. It is ring that is auto-populating the field with a grey out and unchangeable email address and not the device.

It actually does work. I was having the same problem. Then I realized that the hardcoded email address is only for the first step which is the login information for your Ring account (not sure why this is needed when you’re already logged in…). After entering Ring login it takes you to an Amazon login page where you can enter any Amazon account you want.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.