Amazon Echo and Wired Stick Up Cam

I have had my two echo show 8s since Nov 2020. I can watch all of my Ring devices live view for ten mins straight from them. For the last two days my echo show will not show any device that is wired (like my stick up cams) longer than 30 seconds without freezing then stating it is buffering then completely stops. However on the echo shows my doorbells are showing the consecutive ten minutes as normal. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix this? I have reset, unplugged, moved all devices and the problem persists.

Hi there, @Ksb2011! With your Echo devices operating as intended for your Doorbells, the Cameras should certainly behave the same way. The next best step will be to eliminate certain factors by isolating these devices. As a test, please power on only one Echo device and “forget” all other discovered Ring devices with Alexa, besides the Stick Up Camera. With only your Stick Up Camera discovered and connected to your Echo 8, test a live view to see if this remains connected through the Echo Show. Depending on mounting location differences, if your Stick Up Camera is further from the Echo Show than your Doorbells, this timeout could be signal related. If the concern persists after this test, please check your Stick Up Cam RSSI and see if a Chime Pro might help with signal delivery, to prevent video timeout. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I did this and it hasnt helped two weeks later. Ill buy the chime pro and it if still doesnt work then what?

Hi @Ksb2011. If the suggestions made by Marley, including the Chime Pro, are not helpful in resolving your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look into this more closely and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.