All of a sudden my Ring Floodlight light is sensitive

My driveway is always clear and car in or out it makes no difference either way

1 Like

I been having this issue as well.
Did the toggle off motion at night. But light dont come on by using light zones. The motiong on night toggle needs to be on to have light turn on.
Turned power off, did not fix it.
ANY SOLUTIONS? C
Called ring and no help! The tech walked me through the zone change light zone sensitivity and still same issue.
@Marley_Ring please find the solution or have them undo the updates. 2 years and never had this issue!! So changing the motion zones and light sensitive does not work

3 Likes

Adding my name to this. With settings for light motion set at close to minimum and the road outside my motion zone for recording, every single passing car sets off the light. It also stays on for close to 2 minutes, despite being set to 30 seconds in the app.

Yet someone walking up my driveway, an activity that I’d actually want the light to turn on for, does not, presumably because I’ve turned the range so low trying to address the passing car problem.

Example: Ring #AlwaysHome

3 Likes

@corster That’s what I tried also. And yes, the lights still come on when a car goes past the house. My neighbors have threatened to form a posse and yank the %@$* spotlights off the house. Not literally, of course, but they’re NOT happy to keep getting spotlighted every time they come down the street or get in their cars.

I seriously don’t think Ring gives a (expletive deleted) about this issue. NO ONE from Ring has responded in the past TEN DAYS!! Yoo hoo? @Marley_Ring? Anyone??

2 Likes

Hi neighbors! We’ve forwarded your feedback regarding the sensitivity of your Floodlight Cams onto the appropriate team. In the meantime, you can also give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and they can assist with troubleshooting and look into your account individually regarding this concern. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support

They’re update 2 or 3 weeks ago destroyed the floodlight cam light sensitivity actually working.
Goes off for all cars, people across the street, flying insects now.
It used to work perfect.
Now it’s on and off all night long on lowest sensitivity.

1 Like

Their latest update destroyed the light sensitivity settings actually working.
Worked perfect for years now it picks up everything including things across the street on lowest sensitivity.
On and off all night long.

1 Like

Floodlight cam latest update 2 or 3 weeks ago destroyed the light sensitivity setting actually working.
It works perfect for years.
Now it picks up everything the camera sees on lowest sensitivity.
I saw it being updated when I opened the app since then has not worked correctly…

1 Like

Exact same issue here. So annoying. No reason they cannot issue a fix for this in short order. Very disappointed with their lack of timely resolution for what is clearly a software glitch with their last update. Roll it back to the previous software version, seems simple enough.

3 Likes

Yes. Mine is first gen.

1 Like

I experience something similar during the day. Car in driveway, motion detected every time a WHITE car passes. No car in driveway, I don’t get the motion triggers. At night. Forget it. The damn thing turns on and off all night long whether my car is in the driveway or not. I’ve turned lights of permanently and installed dusk/dawn bulb in my porch lamp. SMDH @ RING and this BS.

In addition to all the floodlights turning on with every single passing car, person, or mosquito debacle, my live view freezes up on all cameras. You can hear the audio OK, but the video instantly freezes. This also happened right after the last update, same time as the floodlights issue. Oddly, toggling off mobile data and going strictly on WiFi fixes it. Turn mobile data back on and screen freezes again. Check your live feeds… you could be looking at a frozen picture and not even know it! Ring you have some serious issues here that need to be resolved yesterday. I’m paying you $100 a year for a system that is now partially crippled and getting worse. Your silence on the matter is deafening.

2 Likes

@Caitlyn_Ring @Tom_Ring
Any updates? Support just keeps walking the same steps. I no longer have light at night had to toggle off the motion light to avoid the constaint light turning on. No point on having the motion distance for light.

Who else can help us out with this on going issue that for some reason noone can fix. And no other support is given?
This issue has been nearing a month without any solution from your company.

3 Likes

Add me to the list. The lights come on without camera activation, stay on for random lengths of time (roughly 10 seconds to 2 minutes), are activated by motion far outside the set detection zones, and doing the reset process didn’t change it on either of the floodlight cams that have these problems. It’s a recent problem and only happens at night.

Additionally, now one of the cameras misses me driving my pickup past it. The light may or may not come on and the camera simply doesn’t activate. Never an issue in the past with no changes to the settings.

We spent a lot of money for ornaments on our house that are less than decorative and annoy the neighbors all night.

2 Likes

Spoke to ring advance engineering who advised this issue we face is now how the camera will operate. Where camera motion will trigger the lights.
Apparently many people were complaining that when the camera records at night it would not trigger the lights.
FYI There was newer firmware released last week to overcome PIR sensor issues.

1 Like

If this is true then they will lose me as a customer. I can’t believe they would consider this change a good thing. The initial configuration was intuitive and user friendly, now there is no point in paying for a service that no longer performs with that level of intuitiveness.

2 Likes

Thinking more about it, if this is true why are they still providing distinct separate settings for lights and camera… they had a perfect configuration, why mess with it.

3 Likes

Add me to the list of disgruntled users! At least I am not alone :slightly_smiling_face:
My camera overlooks a road facing my house. I obviously do not want the security camera going off when cars are aproaching, and dazzling oncomming cars, so the forward sensitivity has been turned right down so only lighting on unauthorised movement in my garden.
Now it lights at every car, pedestrian, cat, bird etc that goes past. It must be like blackpool illuminations (look it up if outside the UK :slightly_smiling_face:) in the area, and I have had to turn it off for safety concerns. It has worked for years, and now the sensitivity settings do not work. They are either “max sensitivity in all zones” or “off”.
For the sake of safety, sort this out.
Because this system has been so good I have two more floodlight cameras I intend to fit on the other side of the house, but unless this serious issue is resolves they will be on eBay, along with this floodlight camera.
I find it irritating when big tech companies create issues in their products that have been running fine for years (I will not be upgrading if that is the intention).
I can not use it responsibly while it works in this defective manor.
Peter from the UK

2 Likes

That royally stinks! If “people” were setting their separate motion sensor and light motion sensors correctly, the lights WOULD come on as needed, not all the time (unless they set them to do so). The rest of us who learned how to set the light sensors and motion sensors were getting lights to turn on only in the motion area we selected.

This is a two fold SNAFU. I don’t want someone near my house after dark and not have the spotlights come on. I also don’t want the lights turning on every time a car passes by our house, or one of the millions of cats tripping them on or our neighbors pulling in or out of their driveway, they’re blinded by the spotlights. We even went so far as to reposition the lights so they basically point down and yes, they still come on when a car goes by.

@Caitlyn_Ring @Marley_Ring @Tom_Ring Let’s get on the ball and reset the light motion sensor to the way they were before last month. I’m SICK of coming onto this forum, begging for help just to be ignored.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue with my flood light cam. I called ring and they could not figure it out. A few days later I received an email from ring that stated this is the new expected behavior of the lights. What BS!

1 Like