`Alexa, show the front door` not working on TV

This is primarily directed at anyone from Amazon and/or Ring. Assuming a real fix is still in what seems like a very long pipeline, IMHO having to press the mic button to request the feed from a Ring camera is not a fix it is a workaround. I have several Blink cameras too and they never fail to show on my TV no matter what mode (awake or asleep) the Fire TV happens to be in at the time. This suggests it is a Ring/Firestick integration issue. Has anyone found a real fix?

2 Likes

Still no fix for this issue? The “wake the remote” trick works for me, but that’s NOT a fix, guys. The integration between Ring products and Alexa/Amazon Firestick is unacceptable. This applies to any type of Ring live video feed. The contact/motion sensors all work fine when polled, as does control over the base station. But when I request live feed from my front door or security cameras, I get the now infamous “Waiting for Ring…” screen, then nothing - back to whatever the Firestick was displaying prior to my request.

1 Like

Yes I got exactly the same. Ring video doorbell 3, 4K firestick and Samsung 65".
video bell works fine in app, but not on tv. 2 Blink cameras work via Alexa/firestick no problems.

the “solution” is indeed a workaround and not a fix!
plenty of bugs in Ring products, including the solar panel, need fixing!!

2 Likes

Hi,

I know it’s off topic a bit but I can confirm that there is something really messed up with the Ring / Amazon integration.

I have a Ring Pro device and an Amazon Echo Show 5. Never worked no matter what I try, I see the Ring with those anoying dots and it goes back to the home screen.

So not only with the FireTv 4K

1 Like

This is happening to me on echo show. I don’t have a firetv on this tv so that isn’t a possible solution.

It seems that after just about a year ring/amazon don’t care that we can no longer use the devices since they already have are money. After a few months someone from ring will reply here saying they will pass this on then ask us to check things they no are not the issue like connectivity and passwords or what ever. We as a community have given very detailed information on the issue as well as an annoying work around that most of us no longer use the show front door command. It’s crazy because amazon was well known for customer service and ring use to be great with customer service as well but after the merger things are going down hill.

1 Like

Just being diligent. Read through this ENTIRE thread. I have 4 tv’s with Firestick 4K connected. If I ask alexa to show the front door I get the ‘connecting to ring.com’ as shown in the video on this thread and then it just goes back to the Firestick homescreen.

I NEVER use the firestick remote for audio requests of alexa. I have several alexa dots around the house and always rely on those to take my audio commands. Each dot is aligned to a specific firestick location/tv.

I need a solution, the remote solution to wake up the device is crap and useless if the remote is never used for audio commands.

Ring, please reply and tell me this was fixed for the dozenth time by prompting the remote… I need that confirmation that nothing is being done by RING to address this so I can switch to a competitors product to do automation the way I expect it to be done.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! This integration should be working as intended, but we have appreciated the feedback you’ve shared in this thread and have shared it with our team. I do recommend checking out our help center article for some basic troubleshooting steps regarding this integration. Although it sounds like everyone is using a compatible Alexa device, here is our Alexa and Ring device compatibility guide .

If you’ve checked the above, and the skill is not working on your tv, you’ll want to check variables such as signal strength, not only for the Ring devices but also for the Alexa and tv connection. Please also make sure the Ring app, and other related apps in use, are fully up to date. If none of the solutions suggested in this thread work, you can contact Alexa’s support team directly here.

This is DEFINITELY a RING integration issue. I have both RING PRO doorbell (two of them) and three Eufycam 2 cameras. All three Euficams work perfectly and consistently. Please get this problem fixed once and for all. Thx

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoying how RING just lets this thread build - going on 70 replies and no solution. Great support RING! I’m wondering if we hit 100 or 200 replies if those are the triggering reply post numbers required for RING support/technician to actually read the issue and work on a solution?

I don’t need basic troubleshooting from the ‘help center article’ I don’t need the ‘Alexa and Ring device compatibility guide’. I NEED someone on RING support to read the issue brought up on the 70 reply post to understand the issue and offer a meaningful solution.

RING can you please definitively confirm if this is something you will not support or if you are passing the buck to Amazon/Alexa team to provide support here? I need to better understand who I need to hold responsible for the integration between my ring and firestick 4k not working as expected.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. I noticed it only seemed to work right after I was using the remote. It’s absurd that people have been complaining about this problem for a year and you just get the bot-like reply from these customer service people (maybe they aren’t) telling us to check our WiFi signal. I don’t have a WiFi problem, I have an Amazon/Ring integration problem. Fix it.

2 Likes

Same here attempts to open shows connecting and reverts back to the main screen , annoying was looking forward this this feature

1 Like

I had this problem… noticed that when I ran routine, on the firestick homepage just before it opens app an icon appears by settings up top…

Long and short, try going into settings - notifications then options and then set do not interupt to on

If that works you can then find what app is causing grief…

I have this same problem. Ring please fix this issue. I’m using Firestick 4K. Maybe this is an Alexa issue and not Ring? If so, please at least reply back to us and let us know.

Hi, had this issue for ages now, work at first now never does without using the mic on the original remote button. I use a harmony remote if that makes a difference, but I used to talk to the echo ‘show the front door’ and it used to work now it just loads the screen for a few seconds then switches back to the main screen.

Can’t believe Ring hasn’t sorted this out clearly and issue between Amazon and ring!

1 Like

Caitlin, just noticed that the ability to control/ view my fire TV from my echo device is not working, again.
I’ve had it working fine for quite awhile (occasionally having to first use the paired remotes mic, then able to use echo device). Now it seems since latest Fire TV software rollout (version Fire OS 6.2.7.8 (ns6278/2804), I get the “waiting for Ring.Com” screen and a “hmm,the camera isn’t responding” response from fire TV. Please help. Thanks

Wouldn’t it be novel just to fix the issue, try employing developers who know what their doing. Pathetic response to a fundamental problem, did i mention mine doesn’t work like all the others above. Seems i reported this April 19th, its May the20th, what hope if you dont even know what the date is!

Same issue!!! When will there be a fix?

Same issue, I just bought the 4K Firestick and the newest Echo Dot, same exact issue as described on this thread a year ago, is there going to be a fix or should I return the items?

I have
the same issue using fire tv 4k .
When will be realeased any update to fix it? i will return my ring door view cam. It,s so frustrating! please ring reply our messages.