ALARM stuck in cellular backup - doesn't reconnect after Eero network went offline temporarily

My (6 month old) Eero network went offline around 10a on Dec 5 and the RING alarm base unit switched into Cellular backup. After working with Eero support, the network is up and running. HOWEVER, it’s been 3 days now and the RING base station will not exit cellular backup mode. Base unit is connected via Ethernet. All Eero nodes have been rebooted more than once and I’ve rebooted the Starlink router (all remotely). Everything in the house is operating fine: 2 RING POE cams (ethernet), 1 Lutron hub (ethernet), 3 RING WiFi cams, WiFi thermostat…etc.

This is in my vacation house 2.5 hours from me so I can’t go manually reset the base or wiggle ethernet cables (which I never have to do on other products). Is there general fix for this or shall I return the unit and all the sensors?

FYI - I found a support thread from 2020 with a plethora of complaints of a similar nature only to have the a RING admin lock the thread. How can RING still have this issue 2 years later?

Hi @cpcyclist. The Ring Community is a public forum where we’re able to offer general troubleshooting tips and tricks for most concerns, but we cannot see any account or device details for more advanced questions. In this case, I would recommend reaching out to our support team when you’re able to be at the location of the Ring Alarm system so more in-depth troubleshooting can be completed with a support agent. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

The same glitch in near 2023 so no love.

Why not reowork the app so we can simly hit a button that say TURN OFF BACKUP mode, Turn on backup Mode. Until the device stops getting stuck in backup mode it is useless as mine sits in the box. My home is a 30 hour drive so I can’t be resetting the unit manually.

I thought they would have a new Rign Alarm Prio version 2 or 3 by now, but it appears the Ring alarm pro is the same unit I purhcased years ago.

I haven’t triedmy Ring Alarm Pro in about 9 months , last time it was stuck in backup mode a week and even with me flying across the country to get to the router I could never get it out of backup mode even with a 2 hour customer service call. and near a week of trying.

Has this issue ever been fixed? Again, The app should allow us to manully turn off and on the backup mode, that would be the fix.

If this isse has been fixed let me know I’Il see if I can take it off the shelf in the closet where it sits disconnected and hook it back up and give it a try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.