Alarm Pro Power fail no internal WiFi

I recently had my first power outage with my Ring Alarm Pro. The Ring app showed I was on cellular backup. But the Eero app showed Cellular Data Unavailable. Also when on backup it seems the wireless is off so my SSID was not visible. I thought the cameras still worked when on backup???

Thanks for any help.

Hi @itgoes211. If you are subscribed to the Ring Protect Plan, you can have 24/7 backup internet as an added feature. You can learn more about this feature here. I hope this information is helpful.

@Tom_Ring Thank you for the reply. I do have the Ring Protect plan and it did utilize the backup cellular internet. I could still arm and disarm via my Cell phone. But I could not view my cameras. That is the issue I am having.

Hi @itgoes211. It is possible that your ran out of available backup cellular data, or that your backup battery was running low so it did not allow Live View to conserve battery (Help Center article here). I suggest reaching out to our Ring Alarm support experts so they can go over the history with your and determine what caused this behavior. That way, if this happens again, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that a Ring Alarm agent has ensured you are covered. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.