Alarm Feature Request

Hey,

As many mentioned… Night mode or an additional mode would be huge.

6 Likes

This is about the app for Ring Alarm system. I’m liking it a lot so far, but I’m coming from an Alarm.com product and feel like the Ring app is missing a couple of nice features:

1. Android widget for quickly arming/disarming the system

From the home screen, I would like to one-tap set the alarm as I’m on the way out the door instead of loading the Ring app, waiting for the base station connect and tapping the button. Not critical, but a nice convenience. (In iOS, these would be available as notification center widgets.)

1. Toggle switches for Z-Wave devices on the dashboard

Right now, it’s difficult to turn on/off Z-Wave lights from the app. It’d be better if all light switches were accessible right from the dashboard in the Ring app (and possibly add widgets for them, as in the previous suggestion)

Thanks! --Bryan

5 Likes

@EsEsEs wrote:
Hey,

As many mentioned… Night mode or an additional mode would be huge.

Night mode would be amazing to eliminate the entry delay. I dont want to wait 60 seconds from the time a burglar is through my window before the siren goes off. When im sleeping, if a door or window is opened i want sirens

5 Likes

Request: Send email/notification if system not armed by a certain time

We just switched to the Ring alarm system. Our old system (alarm.com) has a feature that it will send us an email if the system isn’t armed by a certain time. We set the alarm at night before we go to bed, but sometimes forget. An automated reminder would be very helpful.

I tried doing this with an Alexa routine, but it doesn’t seem like there is a way to access the Ring armed status.

5 Likes

Integration with Nest thermostat. The ability to set nest to away when armed away and home when disarmed or armed stay.

4 Likes

Awesome Ideas @bryanatwood ! I’ve moved them over to our feature request thread so they can be compiled with everyone’s amazing requests :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you do any research before buying your Ring system? Sounds like you bought the car before the test drive and are now complaining about the horsepower.

@swagnations wrote:
Did you do any research before buying your Ring system? Sounds like you bought the car before the test drive and are now complaining about the horsepower.

This is a feature request thread. That’s the whole point—requesting features the Alarm doesn’t currently have.

You didn’t specify who you were replying to (luckily) and there are quite a few different people who posted in this thread, but your comment borders on being inappropriate, regardless of who it was directed at. I’d encourage you to maybe reconsider how you behave in public forums, as not everyone can do everything to your liking. Active participation is welcome, but coming to just insult random community members requesting Alarm features is unnecessary and not productive.

I don’t work for Ring, so these views are my own.

6 Likes

Also Have the ability to turn the camera Motion off when the system is disarmed
Basically when the system is armed the camera would alert when the system is just armed the camera would not alert

7 Likes

Being able to enable and disable motion recording based on alarm mode would be very helpful. I would like to place Ring cameras in several high traffic areas inside and outside the house, and for privacy reasons, only want them to record and notify motion when the alarm is set to away and no one is supposed to be there.

6 Likes

Request: Option for our Floodlight and Spotlight sirens to be triggered when Alarm base is triggered

13 Likes

@Neighbor316 wrote:
Request: Option for our Floodlight and Spotlight sirens to be triggered when Alarm base is triggered

Im shocked this wasnt built in from the start. Thinking it would trigger the camera siren, i got myself the whole kit and unfortunately learned after installing that these two (alarm base and cameras with a siren) are not very well linked.

7 Likes

Yes, I opted for the spotlight camera over the Stickup cam (even tho the Stickup cam fit my needs better and is cheaper) because it had the siren feature.

I feel like this is an added security feature that trumps potential noise violations. Ring needs to address this ASAP and give us an option to link the sirens to the base. This is an easy fix, that gives us users added security.

9 Likes

The ability to use interior cameras as motion detectors would be great.

6 Likes

My stickup cam has a siren feature too, so I don’t understand people saying they choose the spotlight cam over it for the siren. All of my ring cams (not doorbells) have the siren - spotlight, floodlight, and stickup.

I would like need to execute Alexa routines based upon the Ring System alarming. Alexa can arm and disarm the ring but cannot trigger a routine based on the Ring alarming. This seems to me to be a Ring shortcoming not Alexa’s. If I have a breakin in the middle of the night, I REALLY don’t want to have to turn on lights manually. I consider this to be a serious security flaw

10 Likes

I second and third this

2 Likes

I fourth and fifth that!

2 Likes

I sixth and seventh

1 Like

I would like to be able to use Ring in routines other than I’m home and I’m leaving. So when i tell alexa goodnight she arms the alarm.

3 Likes