Alarm Feature Request

I would really like for the Amazon Alexa routines to be able to recognize when Ring is alarming. Work arounds don’t quite do what I want to do. What I want to do is to start an Alexa routine when the Ring system goes to the “alarming state” so that I can use Alexa skills such as “Police Siren.” So far the only way I can find is to use a Ring motion sensor to trigger an Alexa routine. Too many sensors, too many routines, limited to specific times - not an acceptable solution

2 Likes

If this is possible, sync the alarm siren with the flood cam sirens? That would make a better and more effective alarm system that will definitely get the attentions of your neighbors and the intruder. Please work on a firmware update and make this possible!!!

Also if your base station can tell you verbally which sensor is being triggered if you’re in “home” mode. Please work on these integration to be ahead of the curve in the home security industry.

Create geo-fencing or something similar. Ex: you leave your house in a hurry and you forget to arm your alarm. You have your boundaries set from your geo-fencing to alert you that the the alarm wasn’t set.

Thank you for your time and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, if so please get this into the right hands.

2 Likes

I do not have the Protect Plan in my country (UAE) for voice calls and woke to find my apartment flooded and a silent notification on my phone. Why can’t the users have an option to have an alarm on the base station for flood sensors when in armed mode?? The chirp or voice message isn’t loud or long enough to wake a mouse!! Disappointed in the lack or configuration, I’ll try to sell my Ring system for one with better configuration

Make the sirens of other Ring connected devices within the same house, also come on, when the Siren form the alarm base station gets triggered. This feature will further assist in crime prevention, as well as align perfectly with Ring’s mission statement.

2 Likes

I just had a conference call with Amazon Ring Advocate Executive team. It does not sound promising for the integration of sirens. I am quite displeased about this. I bought all of these cameras with sirens under misleading advertising about the sirens.

1 Like

All that is needed is that the siren function gets automated.

One can still trigger them individually, but why do that if Ring can just add that function to linked devices as they did with lights or video recording. ?‍♂️

2 Likes

I agree. Their arguement is they want to protect users from possible fines for sound polution/annoyance.

If someone is threatening my family i want the whole world to know. I dont need the motions integrated. But it should be my choice as the owner/installer/admin of the system as to what devices respond to what trigger. Its my issue if i get a noise ordenance ticket.

I dont want my cameras to sound the alarm to motion outside. I want my sirens outside to go off if the alarm is triggered. Drawing attention to my property and anyone attempting to break in.

2 Likes

That’s not even a good excuse. First because the cameras already have sirens, so one can manually activate them thereby already exposing the user to public nuisance or noise pollution. Secondly because the statutes regulating noise pollution or public nuisance explicitly exempt alarms. And lastly, from a business perspective, because they already sell the Dome Siren.

2 Likes

Can I ask the progress on allowing sensors to be set as either main door or secondary door

separately for home and away modes? I really need this feature. Without it, it’s causing a lot of false alarms.

Also I would like my entry/exit conact sensor to not require disabling if the entrance is open when setting the alarm. This is a standard feature for any alarm I have ever used so should not be an issue with a smart alarm. Setting a long delay is no good when I have to strap my kids into the car and then come back to get my work bag etc and then close the door. I would normally set the alarm via keypad just as I pick my bag up, but it says I need to close the door first. I’m not going to do that with my kids sat in the car outside.

Hello Ring Team!

It would be great if there were an option to use Face ID or Touch ID before being able to enter the iPhone app. It’s an added layer of security if you want it.

-Yank

2 Likes

Ability to link spotlight cam sirens to Ring Alarm.

Third party Z Wave siren support. Currently I’m using alexa to connect a Ring motion sensor to a third party siren. Ring recognises the siren as a light.

I have had trouble with burglars breaking into my backyard. I need a product that detects motion outdoors and also an outdoor beam sensor. Those two products would make my home safer because they detect the burglar before they come into my house.

Could use the app from your car to set it.

On the sensors I have there is the ability to set a sensor to be armed only for a specific mode. My “in house” sensors are set to be armed only in the AWAY mode while my doors with entry/exit access (main doors) are set to be armed both in HOME and AWAY. Is this what you are looking for?

I am a former Time Warner/Spectrum Intelligent Home customer and one of the things I was looking forward to was better Smart Home integration with Ring Security. While I realize the Security System is relatively new, it falls short in the ability to schedule notifications and activities around the Alarm itself.

• If the Alarm is actually triggered, I would like the ability to turn on all or selected smart lights (not just “ring” lights – so better integration with Alexa based on alarm triggered events). It is very important to address this ability if an Alarm has been triggered and not just when motion is detected.
  • Along the same lines, it would be much more beneficial if even motion notifications were tied to the status of the Alarm (i.e., the option to suppress motion notifications if Alarm-Disarmed).

Perhaps I have missed somethings, but these are abilities that were incorporated into the outdated system I previously had so it is disappointing these functions are not available with Ring.

2 Likes

I am surprised this feature does not already exist, I definitely want this one.

No. Very aware of those features. Looking for a socket, like the sirens, that will turn on when the alarm is tripped. This would power my exterior sirens.

3 Likes

The ability to arm the alarm I’m away mode with the front door open and using the exit delay to exit home and when the front door closes that sensor will still be monitored.

Yes, its integration with 3rd party equipment, and with their own is definitely a weakness.

An approach that I have taken to achieve what you suggest is using IFTTT.