Alarm Feature Request

I’d like the Spotlight Camara sirens to trigger if the Ring Alarm goes off - TBH I’m pretty surprised it doesn’t already do this and purchased the Ring Alarm on this assumption.

I’m sure this has been posted many times before so please consider this a +1.

4 Likes

Confirmation of disarming or arming via the app, it’s very easy to accidentally tap the wrong button.

I also think when arming the app there should be the option to Arm immediately without a countdown. If I’m arming from the app there’s a good chance I’m already away from the property.

2 Likes

A better outdoor siren option would be great. Something more like what ADT and Simplisafe have, need mor decibles.

Also, i would also like a notification when the alarm is sounding. I think i get emails, but not a push notification through the app.

Last one, silent arm. So i can arm the alarm while my kids are sleeping, without making noise at the base station.

2 Likes

Alexa support could be improved. I’d really like Alexa to play a siren, or a text warning I could set if the alarm is triggered, similar to what’s achievable with the Ring Doorbell.

2 Likes

The Flood/Freeze sensor isn’t currently an Alexa supported device, but I really wish it was! I bought one without thinking to check, because I want to use an Alexa routine for my smart shut off valve to turn off the water to the house if the sensor triggers.

So, Ring… PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!!! (Thank you!)

I wish Ring would come up with a feature that will automatically set my alarm in the evening. Many times I forget to turn my At Home alarm on before bed. If they had a feature to set a routine to turn on like at 9 pm every night I would be delighted. I have tried 3rd party apps and I cannot get them to work…COME ON MAN (Ring)… give us this feature.

2 Likes

Here for Keypads #1 and #8. The alarm countdown beeps are too quiet and pleasant. Also, silent arming! Voice feedback should be optional, and a color indicator on the base station (as mentioned) would be much more useful. :slight_smile:

Regarding arming the Ring system automatically at a preset time: I use Simple Commands by kloe, It is free and very easy to use. You can set up a routine to run autonomously at preset times (within the Simple commands app) or use Alexa (if you have Echos) and controll times from Alexa

1 Like

In reference to your suggestion to use Simple Command App, you indicated it was easy to use. I tried to use it to set up to alarm my Ring app automatically every night and I could not figue out how to use this app. **Not user friendly at all. ** RING NEEDS TO FIX THIS and offer a better solution. And FYI I am not an inexperience person when it comes to technology, I am a retired IT professional and could not figure out, and my daughter who is an IT Director could not figure out Simple commands app. One can only image how a lay person feels when they are told to use something and it is not easy. Again this is an RING flaw and they need to put in a fix to set up a automatic set of alarm at specifc time via their RING APP, not a third party app that is difficult to understand.

You then do understand it’s not a broken feature. It never was a feature… Hopefully they will add this feature.

And it is very simple to use… There are instructions that explain it very easily. I can have my alarm set to arm after I leave the area I choose. I can set it to disarm after my door is unlocked and opened. And of course schedule it to turn on in home mode at a set time.

Ring Alarm Dashboard Header: The Disarmed, Home and Away Icons could be redesigned to reflect the following:

1. Instead of a shield - use a House outline like on the Dashboard Icon Side menu

2. Disarmed would be a friendly GREEN

3. Armed HOME would be RED with a person standing in the HOUSE ICON

4. Armed AWAY would be RED with an empty HOUSE ICON (no person)

Also - is there an automation to disarm the alarm every morning at a specific time like 5AM?

1 Like

This may have already been requested, but I thought I would mention here. When arming the system with a faulted zone, the keypad alerts that a zone is faulted. However, it does not identify the faulted zone. Even though the app would identify the open zone, it would be nice if the keypad would verbally identify the fault (i.e. laundry room sensor faulted) without having to open the app to find out what was left open. This would alleviate the need to have a display on the keypad to identify the fault or having to open the app.

2 Likes

Spotlight Cam Alarm Volume

When I first tested the volume on my spotlight cam, it was over 100 dB. It was as loud as my Ring alarm volume. Soon after, when I re-tested my Spotlight cam siren, it sounded dramatically softer (I tested it around 70 dB). Owners of Spotlight cams may not realize the dB difference, unless they knew it was louder before they bought the cam. So, I called support. At first, it was thought the problem was the Spotlight cam, so it was replaced twice. Later, I was told that the updated firmware throttled down the siren volume to avoid any liability in harming someone’s hearing. Why should I worry about hurting a criminal’s hearing, if they are stealing or harming my property? After calling Ring support, I was told “twice” that they would make my Spotlight cam’s firmware retroactive, so the siren volume would be restored to over 100 dB. This has not happened. Can I have my siren volume back to over 100 dB like my Ring alarm siren volume? I wish Ring would either make my siren volume louder or add a feature that would allow me to adjust the siren volume myself.

1 Like

Ring currently has two armed modes, Home and Away. It would be nice to be able to have additional armed modes. For example a “Night Home.” When I arm my alarm to “Home” during the day, I want a delay on my main doors. However, at night time, I want those doors to alarm immediately if triggered. In addition, during the day, I may want to leave my motion sensors unarmed in “Home” mode, however at night I want them armed in “Home” mode.

2 Likes

Ring currently has two armed modes, Home and Away. It would be nice to be able to have additional armed modes. For example a “Night Home.” When I arm my alarm to “Home” during the day, I want a delay on my main doors. However, at night time, I want those doors to alarm immediately if triggered. In addition, during the day, I may want to leave my motion sensors unarmed in “Home” mode, however at night I want them armed in “Home” mode.

2 Likes

For those that are getting up in age your eyes are not the same and to read or see the only the three mode setting is sometime hard to read. The ICONs are too small and the nice little removeable sticker is still very small print.

I just installed a Ring Alarm System from a Brighthouse/Spectrum system. It had a nice touch screen and very easy to read and see all modes. It had one nice and convient feature, when the system was Armed you just needed to enter your code and it immediately would chnage to Disarmed. It be very rare that you would want to go from Away to Home mode after entering your code. This seems it would be an easy feature to enable.

1 Like

****ALTERNATIVE OUTDOOR SIREN SOLUTION****

So I am still severely disappointed that the sirens in my Ring cameras cannot be activated automatically during an alarm condition, but…I have a solution.

It requires three things:

1. outdoor siren (I selected a 12VDC one and a separate power transformer)
  2. Works With Ring Z-wave outlet (I selected the GE outdoor rated one available on ring.com)
  3. SimpleCommands mobile app

Once you set up the Z-wave outlet in the Ring App and connect to your Ring account in SimpleCommands, you can create a routine in SC to turn on the outlet when the alarm is triggered. If the siren is plugged into that outlet - boo yah - the siren sounds when the alarm goes off. SC also allows you to set a timer to turn the outlet off after a certain time (I set at 30 minutes) and added a second routine to also turn the outlet off when the alarm is disarmed. Now I have a external siren that blasts for 30 minutes or until Ring is disarmed.

RING TEAM - I expect you to add this functionality in your own app ASAP!!!

2 Likes

Enable the alarm base to sense smoke and carbon NO2 alarms just as the listener does.

1 Like

@84GCock wrote:

Enable the alarm base to sense smoke and carbon NO2 alarms just as the listener does.

Sadly the Listener only listens to the smoke detector and or CO detector. It is not a detector in any way. Also, the keypad would be too low to work as a smoke detector which should be on the ceiling or high on the wall to work.