Adjust alarm siren volume or have a silent alarm

So yeah. If we want a silent alarm, it should just be an option. We shouldn’t need to justify it, and it would be a simple thing to add.

After my first false alarm I’m regretting ever buying the thing.

2 Likes

what about being able to disable the base station alarm on the stay and away arming modes, and have also the option to adjust the volume of the alarm, and the type of alarm sound

I, too, definitely need a volume control for the base station. I have a Ring Alarm system in a condo and I only want to use it to notify me when I am home or away. I am not permitted to have the volume at a level where it either bothers the tenant above me or can be heard outside. It can definitely be heard outside. I need this feature asap.

3 Likes

I understand the value of the alarm, and that most people want it as loud as possible. I would MUCH rather be able to disable it or adjust the volume. This is especially true while learning the system. I have too many people in the house, and the likelihood of a “real” alarm is too small, to have a 104 decibel false alarm every time a window is opened while people are learning the system.

Is there any disadvantage to allowing the user to make this seemingly simple adjustment? Why not let the user make the choice?

3 Likes

I would love for this to be implemented, as I live in a two bedroom apartment and I don’t want neighbors to have to listen to the siren, especially when I test or accidentally set the alarm off at three in the morning. I placed the ring hub in a closet and covered the ring keypad speaker with tape. The problem is placeing the hub in a closet compromises its ability to comunicate with devices, and placeing tape on the keypad makes it less aesthetically pleasing. I do think that the current sound is loud and affective at getting rid of an intruder, but it would be nice to be able to change the sound to something like a high low tone or a voice telling the intruder to exit immediately.

2 Likes

in the past days I have tried to get some support on this, I want to disable the sirene or lower the volume and I can’t
I understand that ring believes it’s a security issue to disable the sirene, but I believe this should be also a customer decision.
will it be possible to have at least a volume option to reduce the sound of the sirene?
will be great if we can all vote on this feature

4 Likes

I also live in a very rural area so a siren is not even going to be heard. Would like to be able to at least control the siren volume

2 Likes

Similar situation here.
When speaking with sales I had specifically asked if the siren could be turned off and was advised it could be.

My goal, living in a remote area, is not to scare people off.
I’m just looking for proof that someone is entering my home so that I can take additional measures such as installing a camera to see who entered.

Leaving the system unarmed is pretty useless as I’ll then need to review the history daily (which gets quite long given that motion is always recorded even when disarmed) or receive an alert every time the doors/windows are opened or I move.

Use of the siren, I’ll agree is vital to having a security system. But not in all cases.
This is not at all what I’d expected and will not fit my application.
If the option isn’t offered, the system will unfortunately have to be binned.

2 Likes

Still having issues with this? I disconnected my siren in the end by unscrewing the base station (will void your warranty) and so far so good.

1 Like

Ok seriously - this should not be something I cannot turn off. I have a dozen ring cameras around my property, and I want to be able to use mode settings to set them instead of having to deal with each one on a case by case basis. And you can’t do that without having the alarm. I don’t want the alarm to siren. Why is that such a difficult request? It’s a simple switch! let me set it!

2 Likes

Same here. I don’t live in a mansion and don’t want to wake up the whole neighbourhood, I simply need a reasonable sound to deter people or to be able to leave the door unlocked. It’s ridiculous that this hasn’t been done. You can still make the loud siren the default and prompt users to confirm that they want to change this. Really not hard, makes testing the system a pain and a nuisance to my neighbours. That was the reason I bought a more advanced alarm, but now I’m stressing 24/7 that my alarm will go off in the middle of the night! The opposite of what an alarm should do! Will have to deactivate or return the product if it’s not implemented.

1 Like

I want to control the siren timer and loudness, or siren can be muted if needed to do so. But base station lack of this very basic feature. I installed this system with easy, but I do not want to arm the system. Because I live in a condo, fixed 10 minutes siren time of false alarm will make my neighbor craze if monitoring center can not reach me or my other contact persons. Even police comes to my door, he/she can not access my Ring Alarm system. I only need siren volume that intruder can hear but not my neighbors.

1 Like

People need to be able to adjust the volume of the siren on the base station. Why is the volume stuck at such a high level?

I would like the option to not use the Siren at all, where I live it is useless and would anoy the dogs. I would rather just have notifications.

Thank you

I would also like this, or at least an option to lower the volume. When I’m at home I need the alarm to be loud enough to wake me up, not to blow out my eardrums.

This would be nice too as I have pets that are sensitive to loud noises.

I would also like the option to disable the siren, and only trigger notifications when in home or away mode.

Yes. Please make the option to disable the siren and/or adjust the volume.

It would also be great to trigger any, or all exterior camera sirens instead of the interior base station siren.

Agree.

But Ring won’t care or implement the feature. Even if 100s beg for it and its common sense.

1 Like

Absolutely need the ability to reduce volume of the base station siren or turn it off.
If RING believes this is a security issue, in many cases so is triggering an instant alarm with a perp present in your home.

1 Like