adding stick-up cams and upgrading plan mid billing cycle

I am a current subscriber with 3 devices totaling $90 / year and I have just purchased three additional stick-up cams and installed them. As i expected, the new cameras are showing in my devices as unsubscribed.

When I try to upgrade to unlimited devices (since I now have 6), my only option is to pay the entire $100 even though I am midcycle on the other device plans.

Is there a way to have this plan pro-rated based on my remaining subscription value or do I have to either pay the full amount or wait until my other plans come up for renewal?

Hey @haroldwelchlive. You should be given a pro-rated refund when you upgrade your plan. You can learn more about this in our Help Center Article here. In short, you will purchase the Plus Plan for the year, and then you may have to then cancel the Basic Plans. When you go to cancel them, whatever amount you should get depending on how many months are left should be returned to you via a refund to the card they are purchased through. This can take several business days until the return hits your bank.

If you do not see a return after this and after some time, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.