Adding Shared Users

I just installed another camera that faces my neighbor’s garage. I would like to give him access to the camera. I followed the steps to add him. But it gives me an error saying his email address already exists. Of course it does. He has his own Ring cameras. How do I add him to my camera so that he can see it on his phone?

Hey @jeff_schimming. If you are trying to add them as a shared user and the email address is saying it is already existing, you may have already gotten them added as a shared user through one of your attempts, or in the past. When you go into your Ring app > Settings > Users > Do you see him under there? If you do not, please try removing your Ring app, rebooting your phone, and then reinstalling the app to give it another try!

I got the error immediately. Never had him added to that camera. I tried to delete him and re-add him and got the same thing. So if I see his email address listed, then how does he see the camera? Shouldn’t the system send him and email or something?

@jeff_schimming If you see him added as a shared user under Users in your app, then he should have gotten an email at some point and time that the device was shared with him. Then, in his app, he will go into the Main Menu > click on the location above Dashboard, and there should be a location with your Location Name (Shared), to show him that that’s the shared location, where he can see your device from. In the event you may see them listed under Users, but they don’t see the device in their app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what happens for you, as your answer may help others!