Adding existing outdoor cameras to my new Ring Alarm setup?

Hi,

Hoping to get some guidance on this.

I’m soon to move back into my house after remodeling. My contractor installed 3 Ring floodlight cameras at the house to protect during construction. He had access to these cameras on his own Ring account. He is giving me the cameras as a gift and leaving them there upon completion. I am ready to install my Ring Alarm system and would like to add the 3 cameras to my account (setup) so that I can monitor the video on my account and stop him from seeing the video on his account. How do I do this?

Hey @Weffer21. You will need to reach out to the installer, since they are the owner on the account for the Floodlight Cams. Once you reach out to them, have them remove the devices from their Ring app, which will remove them as the owner. From there, you can set up the devices in your Ring app. If you are unable to have them remove the devices, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like