Adapter for Ring Door Bell 2nd Gener

I have just purchased an adapter for a Ring 2nd Generation door bell. The adapter is a DC adapter but I think the 2nd generation needs an AC adapter. The webiste is not very clear. How do I go about returning this and getting the correct adapater?

Hi @clt9091. The only compatible adapter is the Plug-In Adapter that we sell directly on our website, which you can find listed here. It is compatible with the Video Doorbell - 2020 Release, Video Doorbell 3 and 3 Plus, and the VIdeo Doorbell Pro. You’ll plug this adapter into a standard power outlet and then wire it to the Doorbell directly. If you purchased an adapter from any other website, you’ll want to return it to where you purchased it from as we cannot guarantee that it is compatible.

Thank you

Thats the one I purchased from your website. I dont think it will work as the door bell I have is a 2nd Generation and needs and AC adapater or am I wrong?

@clt9091 As stated on the product page, the Plug-In Adapter 2nd Gen is compatible with the Video Doorbell - 2020 Release, which is the model that you have. It just needs to be plugged into a standard power outlet and then connected to the Doorbell. If you were wiring the Doorbell directly to an existing doorbell circuit, then you would have to verify that the transformer was AC as a DC transformer would not work. Hopefully this helps clarify things for you. :slight_smile:

the link you suggested in the previous reply is a DC adapter not AC. Thats the one I have purchased but it is wrong as it needs to AC. This is the one I purchased from your site. How do I go about returning it?

@clt9091 The Plug-In Adapter that you purchased from our website is compatible with the Doorbell you have, as listed on the site. There are not two versions of the adapter that are AC or DC power, there is only the one model that is compatible with the Doorbells listed. The DC power restriction is for when you hardwire the Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit on your home, it is not related to the Plug-In Adapter that you have purchased. I hope that clears things up for you.