Account showing Basic Plan & no plan, although on Plus Plan

I recent upgraded to the Plus Plan that came with the Doorbell Pro (via Costco). Does anyone know why my account on Ring.com or via the App shows that one of my devices (Floodlight) shows it is still on the Basic Plan while the new device (Doorbell) is not on a plan? Attached is a screenshot.

1 Like

Hi @Dotcom. How long have you had the Ring Video Doorbell Pro added? The Costco offer that gives the free extended Plus Trial on some purchases is generally about 6-12 months, so if you had this offer and it has been less time than that, please give our support team a call here. They will be able to help sort out the plan concern with you and get that trial added. Please ensure you have a proof of purchase handy with you, in case it is needed!

The Doorbell was installed about 3 weeks ago. The Plus Plan was for 12 months and was started about 3 weeks ago as well. I’ve called and tried app support, but no luck.

Hey @Dotcom. Where are you currently residing? Our phone support is experiencing very high call volumes right now, so you may have to wait to get in touch with a representative there, but I can give you the number to ensure you’re contacting the appropriate people! You will definitely need to be in touch with them to get this corrected and addressed.

I’m in Albuquerque, NM. I was on the phone for a long time with support. The tech kept repeating that I was on a free trial, which didn’t correct why my account shows one device on the Basic Plan and the new device not on a plan.

@Dotcom I apologize for any confusion you may have gotten over the phone, as I would also want some more clarity! If our support team has confirmed that this is the case and you do have the trial, I would take their word for it. It’s possible that since this is a trial, that may be why it is not showing up under plans, as this is not a plan you purchased, but we’re given as an add on from adding the Doorbell Pro. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we do not have a way to confirm this for you, and you would need to reach out to our support team to confirm this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but if our support team has verified you have the trial, then you should indeed have it regardless! :slight_smile:

It’s not that I don’t take their word for it because I know it’s a “free trial”. The problem is she didn’t seem to comprhend that the problem was not that I didn’t know it was a free trial, the problem is that my account shows that one device is still on the basic plan and the other is not setup on a plan.

I had the Basic Plan on as a free trial and it showed on my account without any error.

@Dotcom Thank you for that feedback! I’ll make sure this gets forwarded to the appropriate teams and see if we can make sure our customer support team aligns on resolving these concerns in the appropriate way. Whenever you have a free chance, please reach back out to the team over the phone to get this resolved. Feel free to forward them this thread for more clarity and for them to see the screenshot in your first post, as this should clear it up for the agent you get in touch with!