Accepting shared invite

Same issue we are having. My mom sent me an invite 15 times and i followed the instructions, even looked on youtube and came across the same steps. STILL NOT WORKING

I got lucky was bout ready to destroy all ring devices and get something that actually works

The CORRECT answer it to go to your app Menu at top left and tap on “Shared Users”. From there you can “Manage” invitations.

1 Like

Thank you. This worked for us.

1 Like

I met same issue and the root cause is the “resend invite” actually don’t work. You will have to delete the invited user and add again. As an IT engineer, I know there is definitely some bugs behind this resend. Meanwhile, I have to say this invite workflow is really a bad UX design and that’s why it is the popular issue of ring door bell. Hope Ring could push harder to fix those ridiculous bad design

1 Like

Me too…this app is crapp

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you’ve received a shared user invite and you already have a Ring account created under the email address that someone sent a shared user invitation to, there’s nothing else you need to accept from there. If you’re not seeing the device you’ve been shared on, you may just need to toggle to another location. To do that in your Ring app, please go to the Main Menu at the top left and select on your location name above Dashboard. Once you tap on your location name, you should see another location that says “(Shared).” Tap on that and you should see the device you’ve been shared on.

In the event you do not have an account already and have received a shared user invite, please make sure you created a Ring account first with the email address it was shared to. Once you have signed up, you should be able to toggle to the Shared location from within your Ring app. If you have ensured that you have taken the steps to add a shared user or be set up as one and you’re unable to see the shared location and device(s), please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

3 Likes

If you are having issues sharing access, ensure the person you are sharing with has created their account BEFORE you give them access. If you’ve already sent the email, (and they haven’t created their account) go back and delete the person you are sharing with and resend the request after they have created their account. This will resolve the dreaded “loop” issue.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!! This is exactly what was missing from all the instructions!!! It kept telling me I needed to “setup device” but I knew that could only be done for the owner and not the shared person. Thank you thank you thank you!! Only took me 2 hours to find this thread!! :wink:

1 Like