A second push on the Ring Pro does not make the chime ring a second time

“For battery powered Doorbell models, two rings still cannot be triggered back to back/ simultaneously, within the same event. A motion followed by a ring (button push), however, can both be triggered for notifications in your Ring app and chime. This will depend on network and mobile device connection variables.”

The keyword there for me is CAN. I have had multiple occurrences now where a motion followed by a button press doesn’t record the button press. It doesn’t notify through the app, and it doesn’t subsequently file the motion as a button press event. This is the number one thing a doorbell has to do and it’s failing to do it. Yes WiFi strength is good enough at the time as I immediately get the motion notification. You can hear the bell chime from the button side, so a visitor would assume it’s alerted me. This is with a doorbell 3. This needs to be addressed in a firmware update.

I am so happy with my oldfashioned doorbell.
When people push the button, the ringer rings inside the house.
Every time!!!

3 Likes

I have the same problem with my doorbell pro. I thought something is wrong with my doorbell. Now I know everybody has the same problem. Seems like it is a design defect. Commonly, nobody will wait for so long for the second press. My friend has a nest doorbell. I tested on his on purpose. His doorbell doesn’t have this problem at all. Really suggest a firmware update to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Wow. A doorbell that doesn’t ring when the button is pressed a second time - 55 seconds after the first press. It’s not fit for purpose.

This is a fundamental flaw, which I’m experiencing with my newly installed doorbell pro. It’s a very poor quality doorbell isn’t it? I was expecting to find a solution to the problems, not the unsatisfactory explanation found on this thread.

Perhaps some money should be diverted from the lavish marketing budget to design, implementation and problem solving.

How about that firmware update someone else mentioned? Hardware good enough? Software developers good enough? Top priority please.

2 Likes

I’m having the SAME issue. I’ve spent many, frustrating hours trying to figure out what I did wrong… after reading all of this, looks like the issue is with Ring. PLEASE fix this Ring! Seems like it’s just a programming issue that could be resolved in a simple update. I love my Ring system, but this is a HUGE issue. The ring alerts need to go out EVERY time the doorbell button is pressed. Period. Even if it’s pressed 10 times in 10 seconds… there should be ten different bell rings on the chime at least.

Also a lot of times my doorbell picks up the motion of someone walking up to the door, but once they actually get up to the doorbell and press the button, it doesn’t send out any alert because it’s already busy recording the motion event. Doorbell button rings should be going out no matter what the camera is busy doing.

My doorbell is at RSSI - 55… to my understanding, that’s a pretty good signal strength? My doorbell pro is connected to my WiFi router about six feet away in the entryway.

PLEASE FIX THIS RING!!! Or at least add this as an option in the settings!

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

I’m with you and everyone in this forum regarding the rings ability to ring multiple times.

I wonder if the Ring engineers/programmers have address this at all or at least have it where you can press the button a second time and not have to wait 30+ seconds to re-ring? It’s not like we trying to land on Mars.

I would like to add, I don’t have a similar issue but seems we have something in common. Physical doorbell doesn’t work while my echo show is streaming live view.

Physical outdoor doorbell should trigger the indoor bell chime every time it is pressed.

The Ring Video Doorbell Pro has great video, sound, wide viewing angle and great optional features. However, it lacks the most basic doorbell function of immediately ringing/chiming whenever the doorbell is pressed. Clearly, this is totally unacceptable.

Thank heavens I did not throw the packaging away. Too bad, but I will be returning it first thing tomorrow. I hope the Nest Hello Doorbell does not have the same issue.

Same issue here my ring doorbell3 plus does not ring on second press. Attention Ring team please help us

A somewhat decent workaround is available if you have an Alexa Amazon echo device. I had this issue too and I have chimes around the house but I also have an echo show on the entry table. Just go into the ring app and set the app alert tones for four rings and at least you can get some decent ring time and hear it pretty good in the house from the echo device.

Same problem, can’t believe I already installed this just to find this out. This is just plain dumb. A doorbell is not a doorbell if you can’t ring it multiple times. I had to modify my door frame to make this fit but I’m still going to return it. You can see that this thread has been going since July 2019 and there is little response from Ring and no fix. I’m calling BS on that. Done with it.

STUPID. One response was the device is ‘too busy’ doing other tasks and cannot muster up any processing cycles to pay attention to the actual button… ooook.

You are trying to be clever and tell your customer what they want - they don’t. I press the button, I want it to ring. As EVERY SINGLE PERSON has said on this thread.

So does the Elite ring twice if it is hooked up to an existing doorbell?

I guess we know why it’s called “Ring” and not “Rings”

@Marley_Ring any ETA for fixing this issue?
Should be first priority!
As already been said here: Button pressed -> Ring without any exclusions…

The ring is useless if I can’t hear the ring…

Hey @romanost. Happy to chime in for Marley here. If your Doorbell is not functioning in the manner that Marley has explained, contact our support team for further guidance. If you find any new information, feel free to come back and post what you’ve found. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just installed the ring “DOORBELL” and have the same issue as the others.
This is suppose to be a doorbell. It is does not always function as such.
Please answer these questions for us.

Can this problem be fixed?

Will Ring fix it?

Oh cool, so you acknowledge the fundamental problem.

I’m gonna go ahead and bump this because I just had my two Ring Video Doorbell Pros installed, hard wired, and I already want to rip them out.

Imagine my shock when pressing the doorbell again after the first time does NOTHING. Visitors aren’t going to know about this design flaw and wait 55 seconds for another ring. Occupants of the house will miss visitors if they didn’t hear the first ring.

FIX THIS ISSUE NOW!!!

And yes, Ring, this is an issue. Stop trying to call it a feature.

I have had the Ring doorbell installed for over a month. I have decided that unless one pays Ring a monthly fee the device is useless for me. It does not function as an effective doorbell and performs poorly as a video intercom. I will be removing the device and installing a real doorbell that goes ding dong when some pushes the button. I will go back to using a security camera that alerts me then records and saves video events for free.
I will not recommend this device to anyone. I will see if I can sell this on ebay and minimize my loss.

I would agree with this thread, that whilst my new ring pro 2 (plug in) which I bought and installed at the weekend is great in many respects, Ring definitely urgently needs to do something to FIX this issue, so that the bell (button push) works on EVERY push. Currently it only works once; then it takes a least a minute, if not 2 or 3 minutes, before it is ready to ring again

Dear Ring Team - PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY!!!

This is standard doorbell functionality. I had to install a more powerful transformer in order for my mechanical doorbell chime to work when the button is pressed on my Ring Pro 2, but I’m very disappointed to learn it will only work once per minute. In this way, if I miss the first chime, it’s over… This really needs to be addressed!

I’m wondering now, if I get an impatient visitor and they press the doorbell button more than once in the 60 seconds, does the timer start over again? Lol I hope not!