A nightmare

I have never been so upset about a product. My son purchased the ring doorbell for me to install at my home, and he used his email address upon installation. Since he used his email address I don’t have access to technical support at my home. We have called the company on several occasions trying to get this resolve this issue and have not gotten the issue resolved.

He gets notifications to my front door and he does not live here. Calling them is a nightmare and it stresses me out. This product is of no use to me and him either because he lives in an apartment. What a joke this company is. They don’t care whether the product works or not the bottom line was they got your money.

I wanted to add the ring security camera to the existing doorbell, and I will not buy another piece of equipment from them.

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

1 Like

Maybe you’ve resolved this already, but if not…
I don’t see how what you describe is the fault of the company or a defect with the product - it is doing what it is supposed to do. Ring doesn’t know who lives at your house, just to send notifications to the user based on the configuration when the product was installed.
You can change the email address associated with your account at Welcome Back! Please Log in | Ring
Ring has a process for transferring devices and account ownership (for example, if you sold your house and left devices in place) as well. Although this isn’t the typical case where that would be used the concepts still apply. https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038010351-I-would-like-to-take-over-change-ownership-of-Ring-Devices
Good luck

2 Likes