4k cameras and doorbells

Like others, I’d love a 2K or 4K camera… 1080p, while nice is very behind other offerings at this time

1 Like

Bump. 1 year later, same ask: 4K camera.

1 Like

We’ve been having a lot of mailbox breakins in our neighborhood. We catch the cars/thieves on camera but the images are always too distorted at night to see make out the license plates even when those license plates are clearly in frame. It would be really nice to get a 4K camera with a high infrared output to catch these license plates and ultimately catch the thieves.

1 Like

Almost middle of 2023 and still no 4k or even 2k cameras? :eyes::man_facepalming: Was looking forward to adding more Ring cameras but going with Arlo for their 4k cams for the outside. Need more detail for the front of the house :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have been waiting for Ring to announce a 4k camera to go with the Ring doorbell I already have. However there has been no mention of one on a the road map / announcement. Now I don’t think I can wait any longer. In 2023 I can’t see the point in buying and installing 1080p cameras, 10 years ago perhaps but not now. So I am no looking at Ultimate Home Security Kit | Arlo UK. If I’m getting 4k security cameras then I don’t want to have 2 systems one for the door bell and another for the rest of the security cameras. Nor do I want to have to pay for 2 cloud storage subscriptions. @Ring let me know if you have any plans to introduce any modern (current) technology to your current offerings. If not I fear you will lose a customer.

1 Like

What is going on here. It’s 2023 and still no 4k?

1 Like

When are going to get 4k resolution cameras. You guys add all these features except the one that matters. At least give us 2K even if you have to increase the yearly subscription.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m getting the sense that ring/amazon and even nest/google are pulling back on their devices/services. Neither has come out with any new core products in awhile.

1 Like

yes, 4K options please.

1 Like

As an ecosystem Ring is great, but the lack of high quality camera’s is frustrating. I currently have a ring alarm with door and motion sensors - but I have a Reolink camera set up as they are just so much better on image quality. C’mon Ring - you really need to sort this!

1 Like

this really needs to happen now, ring are falling behind the companion , its 2023, at least 2k is needed

Can someone from Ring respond to this? Your cameras suck, if someone drove up to my house to rob it, not one of the 4 cameras I have pointing at the driveway can even see a license plate. How about you update your camera resolution instead of adding a flying camera that nobody wants?

1 Like

Got 6 ring stick up cams, and 1 doorbell. I’m getting tired with the 1080p . And I’m hoping ring would come out with a new type of camera that moves,tilts,zoom with 4K. And that 4K can also be put on new stick up cams.

1 Like

7 months later and still looking for 4K. Don’t understand the issue with this product - other than the that the back end can’t handle the resulting data…

1 Like

I would like to see 2K at 30 fps !!

1 Like

Also want to see this but as mentioned it seems ring aren’t developing anything new now
Seems to have gone downhill since it was sold to Amazon and nobody cares about the brand as much now.

1 Like

I am going to wait until 1Q 2024. If Ring doesn’t come out with a 4K wireless camera by then I am going to ditch them and the 6 outdoor cameras that I have and go with a eufy or arlo.

1080P in this day and age is as bad as saying you have 64K of ram in your computer.

3 Likes

You don’t even have enough clarity with current 1080p cameras to zoom in to see a license plate in your driveway. 4k with zoom feature is a must! The rest of the camera industry has moved to 8k already!

1 Like

This is why I came to this site. To ask for 4k cameras and to find out why Ring has not been adding new equipment.

1 Like

If ring doesnt step it up i see myself switching to eufy.

2 Likes