3rd Generation Stick Up Cam Losing Wifi

I’ve had my Ring system for more than a year now and have had no issues. I went out and purchased a stick up cam 3 weeks ago and had no issues until this morning. The device has been mounted in my back yard on the other side of the wall from my router for the entire time. This morning I noticed there was no wifi connection with the cam. I went ahead and reconnected the device and I have lost connection with the wifi several times thru out the day. I even placed the cam right next to the router and still lost connection. I have factory reset the cam and connected it again and it lost connection. I have checked the device health and it says the device is perfectly fine. This is the only device with the issue in my home so I know it is not home network related.

Is anyone else having these issues and if so have you been able to resolve the issue? I really like the system but this is making me rethink my decision and I am considering replacing the system.

Hi @elboriquany. When the Stick Up Cam is connected to wifi, what is the RSSI listed as on the Device Health screen? This gives us some indication of whether or not the Camera has a stable connection with the wifi network. Additionally, how many Ring Cameras and Doorbells do you have connected to your wifi network, and what are your wifi speeds? You can find steps on how to perform a wifi speed test in our Help Center article here.

It’s anywhere from 28 to 51. I have 1 ring doorbell and an indoor stick up cam

My wifi speeds are about 300 up and between 200 and 300 down. I have an eero system and att gigapower internet service

@elboriquany Those RSSI levels are within a good range, and it sounds like your internet speeds are sufficient to support multiple Ring devices alongside other wifi-enabled devices in your home. One more thing I can think to mention is to check that the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are opened on your router. If this continues to happen, I’d recommend following up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. Our support team can take a deeper dive and see if there may be some advanced network settings preventing your Stick Up Cam from connecting to your wifi network. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.