3/4 picture is pink floodlight camera

No good solutions. Appears to be a known issue. So, note to yourself… that the night vision can become faulty after your 1 year warranty expires. Only option they give you is a discount on a purchase of a new one. I agree the product should last longer than 1.5 years.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this happening, neighbors! All of our devices come with a limited warranty. Check out our Warranty page to see what this covers. This warranty can be extended by subscribing your Ring device to a Protect Plus plan while the limited warranty is still active and remaining subscribed. Our help center article about Protect Plans has more information about subscription benefits.

mine just started the pink image problem. From what I’m seeing , it looks like I chose the wrong system. Been up maybe a year .

Glad y’all had good experiences. They told me it needed to be replaced and that I will have to pay for a new camera after 18 months. I’m done with Ring!

wanted to share a fix for those of you who still getting different colors, it could be due to moisture build up around the camera lense. use your thumb and just wipe the outside area of the lense in a circular motion and you’ll see it improves a little. continue doing that until you are statisfied. works for me everytime.

On August 20th, I contacted C/S about the same issue. Anna and I talked about the issue. She wanted me to power cycle the camera. If that didn’t work, I was to reset the camera. I told Anna I would do that later as I couldn’t climb a ladder and hold a phone. She emailed the directions. I had back issues at the time and couldn’t climb a ladder immediately. Over the Labor Day weekend, I was able to complete both processes that Anna had emailed me. Neither one worked. I emailed Anna back on September 8th. I never heard back from her. I emailed Customer Support yesterday and didn’t get a response. Finally, today, I called Customer Support and spoke with Dan. He wanted me to do the same two processes again. I informed him I had already tried and neither work. He insisted that I try those processes again or they couldn’t troubleshoot. Ring Customer Service is about as terrible as I have seen. I have attached the two screen captures I originally sent to Anna. This camera is less than a year old and I am getting a runaround with Customer Service??? I reviewed the forums and someone suggested tapping the camera. Believe it or not, it worked. I just don’t how long before the camera does this again. With a bad back, climbing a ladder to reset/tap a camera is very dangerous. Ring knows they have a problem with the floodlight camera, but are playing like nothing is their fault. C’mon Ring, stand behind your product!

We are also experiencing a faulty Ring Flood Camera that displays a pink image. The flood cam is two years in service and out of warranty. I contacted support and went through several resets, tapping, flashlight trick to no avail. Support advised that sorry the unit needs to be replaced at cost. Annoyed, we went through his script with Rings special offer of $163.60., costs $250. new. We are very disappointed as we like the service and products, until now. This product, IMO is faulty by design as per previous complaints in this community.
Perhaps a no cost replacement on a refurbished unit?

I am surprised to see an Amazon company with a BBB rating F

Hi @Raecampus. This is not the experience we want you to have. Even with your Floodlight Cam out of warranty, we are this able to offer a out of warranty discount code that can be used towards the purchase of a new device. Also, if you are a subscribed to our Ring Protect Plus Plan, your devices will be under an extended warranty as long as you have an active subscription. Please, feel free to come back and let us know how your experience was with support while obtaining your our of warranty discount code.

Hello Tom Ring

How to obtain an out of warranty discount code and will it be more of a discount than $163.30? How about a refurbished unit?

Thank you Tom Ring

Even with your Floodlight Cam out of warranty, we are this able to offer a out of warranty discount code that can be used towards the purchase of a new device.

Hi @Raecampus. The out of warranty discount code is obtained from a support agent on the phone. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Once you make contact, simply let the agent know you need a out of warranty discount code. The agent will be able to email you a code and provide the details of the discount. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

My ring floodlight is 4 months old and the daytime color is pink! I hired an electrician to install it for me it is not possible for me to climb up on a ladder to push the reset button. Had I known that it wasn’t going to last long I would not have invested it it! O would like this problem resolved
Tried contacting Ring via chat and they say to contact them between 5 am an 9pm pst. It is 10 am! I have made several attempts to contact them

I have the pink screen issue and it was solved by just hitting/tapping the camera on the side and it will fix the infrared monitor.

Worked like a charm, Legend :clap:t4:

Hi there,

My camera went pink… caused by a roofer banging on the external wall… anyway found a YouTube video (Gil Estimada 'How to fix a Ring Floodlight Camera with Pink Video) which explained all u need to do is tap the side of the unit… I was able to touch the unit and just finger tapped it… the image went completely pink and then cleared.

How did you come to a conclusion that it is not a software issue when all of sudden many spotlight cam users experience discoloring of the view all occurring at the same time?

When were the last several software updates in the last 6 months?

I saw someone else perform this online. firmly tap the camera box with a light object. Mine cleared back to a normal screen after the third tap to my surprise . May not want to do this if item is still under warranty, but it was worth it to me rather changing out the entire unit

Same thing is happening to me. How do I get a hold of Ring customer support? It’s currently within business hours but looks like no one is available.

Hi there, @Chuchu! As shared previously in this thread, in order to reach our support team, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Depending on your region, there may be chat available for specified hours, however, chat agents are only available for general, billing, and account related inquiries. Troubleshooting is best handled with our phone support at this time.

This happened a year ago. Mysteriously went away. Now it’s back. Flaming hot pink trees but sky is blue. I tried all the fixes here. Nothing has worked.

I have done the set up 3x already today. Like a reset. Still pink.

I’ve got 1 gb internet speed. So despite that it still looks like improperly developed photo from 1970

Are there other things I can try?
Thanks

Here is a video of me smacking my camera to fix it. You can see that the entire image is pink at first and then clears up after I smack the camera a few times. I went back in a second attempt to clear up the rest of the pink near the edge. It seems to be working okay for now, but I can tap the side and the pink comes right back.

EDIT: If the Ring video does not seem to load for you, try this link to Ring.com.