Different Chime Tones based on which doorbell or camera activated

It is really frustrating that Ring can’t support different chime alert tones from different doorbells. Old mechanical doorbells did this with no problem. Adding duplicate chimes is not a reasonable solution! It isnt’ too much to ask to be able to identify the front door from the back door.

3 Likes

That is ridiculous. I would also like a different chime for each doorbell.

14 Likes

This is really dumb. I can get two different chimes on the app, but not on the Chime devices. This needs to be addressed ASAP. If I am in the basement and the chime goes off, I have to check both doors if I dont have no phone with me. Big problem for a tech company.

14 Likes

This seems like an easy fix for Ring. C’mon, Ring. Make it happen. I, too, would prefer not to have to check every door in my house if I’m not carrying my phone when someone presses the doorbell. This seemingly easy fix would make many customers very happy.

11 Likes

Mid 2021 and still no update on this, I can’t believe how few people are voting for this, in my view, essential update; don’t most people have more than one door?

7 Likes

I too am shocked this seemly simple feature was not included when the ability to link more than one doorbell to a chime was introduced. SMH.

6 Likes

We use Ring on two different doors at our private school.

It would really be helpful to be able to distinguish which specific door is ringing by using a different alert sound.

Great products! Thanks

5 Likes

Yes - easy code edit to allow each doorbell to produce a unique chime. Please add this. Super frustrating this is not on the platform already. Thanks!

8 Likes

I got these devices so I could monitor two different doors and need to know which one is being rung - as others have said amazing it’s not a standard feature. Please add ASAP.
Have voted.

8 Likes

Ditto Ditto Ditto. This seems so basic, I’m baffled it hasn’t be solved, considering it was first mentioned over a year ago. I assumed this was a feature, dumb me, now I wish we hadn’t invested in two doorbells.

6 Likes

I thought it had this absolutely necessary feature. I’m shocked that Ring thought we should have “smart” devices everywhere but they sell this “dumb” product. FIX THIS!

6 Likes

+1 for this request please.

See also this thread that commenced in Oct 2019: 2 Doorbells and 2 chimes same sounds

4 Likes

+1 fir this request,
Very frustrating to search all doors where my visit is

5 Likes

Pretty disappointed. This seems like a basic function. I have two doorbells and two chimes. I want to know based on the chime sound which doorbell has been rung. Having each doorbell only ring on one chime is not a solution since I can’t hear one of the chimes from my office. The feature request looks like it was first made over a year ago. Please give us an update.

5 Likes

Me Too ! In fact I posted about this myself another time. Completely, utterly STUPID !

6 Likes

It would be nice to be able to set separate tones on the ring chime pro for each individual door bell. Even basic door bell chimes have 2 tones (ding ding and ding) for front and rear doors. Right now the only way to distinguish the different bells I have is by changing the notification sound in my phone.

5 Likes

Hi @Mnienhuis. I moved your post over to our Feature Request board underneath a topic with the same request! Feel free to vote on this suggestion and add any other ideas you have to our Feature Request board, as this will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another vote for this feature. It drives us crazy running between the front door and back door when the chime rings.

6 Likes

Can you add ability to select different chime tones for each camera so when motion tones alert me on chime pro I know which camere

5 Likes

Is this function available yet?

5 Likes