2 Ring Doorbells / 2 Different Chime Tones based on doorbell activated

It is really frustrating that Ring can’t support different chime alert tones from different doorbells. Old mechanical doorbells did this with no problem. Adding duplicate chimes is not a reasonable solution! It isnt’ too much to ask to be able to identify the front door from the back door.

3 Likes

That is ridiculous. I would also like a different chime for each doorbell.

1 Like

This is really dumb. I can get two different chimes on the app, but not on the Chime devices. This needs to be addressed ASAP. If I am in the basement and the chime goes off, I have to check both doors if I dont have no phone with me. Big problem for a tech company.

2 Likes

This seems like an easy fix for Ring. C’mon, Ring. Make it happen. I, too, would prefer not to have to check every door in my house if I’m not carrying my phone when someone presses the doorbell. This seemingly easy fix would make many customers very happy.

Mid 2021 and still no update on this, I can’t believe how few people are voting for this, in my view, essential update; don’t most people have more than one door?

I too am shocked this seemly simple feature was not included when the ability to link more than one doorbell to a chime was introduced. SMH.

We use Ring on two different doors at our private school.

It would really be helpful to be able to distinguish which specific door is ringing by using a different alert sound.

Great products! Thanks

Yes - easy code edit to allow each doorbell to produce a unique chime. Please add this. Super frustrating this is not on the platform already. Thanks!

I got these devices so I could monitor two different doors and need to know which one is being rung - as others have said amazing it’s not a standard feature. Please add ASAP.
Have voted.